CRYOGENIC & MEDICAL GAS
In the last nine years, Finn Design Group has developed an expertise in the design and construction of cryogenic and medical gas systems. The proper design of these complex systems requires a broad knowledge of various disciplines (structural/mechanical/architectural/civil/controls), a specific knowledge of the peculiarities related to cryogenic gases, and an intimate knowledge of the Codes that govern the design and construction of cryogenic systems and support pads. Also useful, when pertaining to hospital projects within the State of California, is a good reputation and working relationship with OSHPD. Finn Design Group possesses all of the above. We have also developed excellent working relationships with most of the major cryogenic gas suppliers and equipment manufacturers.
Specific services that Finn Design Group can provide
- System Design and Equipment Plan Layout
- Code Analysis (NFPA 55 and 99) Relating to Equipment Clearances and Site Conditions
- Structural Pad Design, Equipment Anchorage, and Piping Support & Anchorage
- Enclosure Design, including screen walls, retaining walls, fences and gates
- Mechanical Design, including layout, specifications and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Equipment Special Seismic Certifications for Tanks, in accordance with CBC/IBC Section 1708A.4 and Chapter 16A, OSHPD CAN 2-1708A.1, ASCE 7-10 Chapters 12 & 13, and the ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code
- Equipment Special Seismic Certifications for Vaporizers and Manifolds in accordance with CBC/IBC Section 1708A.4 and Chapter 16A, OSHPD CAN 2- 1708A.1 and ASCE 7-10 Chapter 13
- Accurate System Visualization utilizing Revit-generated 3D Perspectives
- Construction Drawings, prepared utilizing either AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Preparation of OSHPD Submittal Documents
- Construction Administration Services, including Project Coordination, Submittal Review, Response to RFI’s, Site Observations/Field Reports, & Verified Compliance Reports
For many projects, Finn Design Group will act as a sub-consultant to the Lead Consultant (Architect) or will contract directly with the Facility. For some projects, Finn Design Group will contract with the Gas Vender. On five past bulk oxygen projects, Finn Design Group has acted as the Design Professional of Record, and an Architect was not present on the design team.