Hoang Nguyen, P.E.
Mr. Nguyen has fifteen years of experience in Structural Engineering. His design experience includes industrial, commercial, and residential building design, reviews, and inspections/ observations. He has also participated in several design and seismic evaluation/retrofit infrastructure projects.
Mr. Nguyen earned both his B.S. and M.S. in Civil Engineering at Santa Clara University. As a research assistant for the Center for Light Frame Structural Research at SCU, he was actively involved in many of the early major contributions of the CLFSR to the building industry; particularly, the investigation of several unique and innovative light-frame structural systems and components that have since been incorporated in structures both nationally and internationally.
- B.S.- Civil Engineering, Santa Clara – University, Santa Clara, CA, 1996
- M.S. – Civil Engineering, Santa Clara – University, Santa Clara, CA, 1998
- Civil: California, License No. C70143
- Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Inst.
- Structural Engineers Association of Northern California
- American Society of Civil Engineers
Selected Project List
- Design of Concrete Foundation and Seismic Anchorage of LOX Tanks, Vaporizers, and Screen Wall for Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA.
- Design of Concrete Foundation and CMU Enclosure Wall, and Seismic Anchorage of LOX Tanks and Vaporizers for Christus St. Vincent R.M.C., Santa Fe, NM.
- Design of Seismic Anchorage of Emergency Replacement LOX Tank and Support of Temporary Bulk Oxygen System for San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA.
- Construction Administration of LOX Equipment Concrete Foundation and Seismic Bracing of Piping, John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek, CA.
- Design Seismic Anchorage of LOX Tanks and Vaporizers for Antelope Valley East Kern Four Water Treatment Plants, Kern County, CA.
- Design Seismic Anchorage of LN Tanks and Vaporizers for Western Digital Building 3, Fremont, CA.